Aktuelle Zeit: 25. Sep 2017, 08:12

Brian Tour 2016

Re: Brian Tour 2016

Beitragvon Roland » 3. Feb 2016, 13:27

Es gibt für London einen zusätzlichen Termin am 22. Mai.
Alle, die auf Termine in D gehofft hatten, können sich ja nun für GB entscheiden.
Roland
Party

Beitragvon Michael » 7. Feb 2016, 00:43

Ich gehe entgegen der Board-Meinung von zwei Terminen anlässlich der Brian Pet Sound`s Tour in Deutschland aus. Einmal mittig und nicht weit von mir, einmal im Norden. Wenn wirklich nicht: Let`s go Britain.
Michael
Surfin USA

Beitragvon hoddori » 27. Mär 2016, 11:46

Setliste aus Auckland :

Our Prayer
(The Beach Boys song)

Heroes and Villains
(The Beach Boys song)

California Girls
(The Beach Boys song)

Dance, Dance, Dance
(The Beach Boys song)

I Get Around
(The Beach Boys song)

Shut Down
(The Beach Boys song) (Lead vocals by Al Jardine)

Little Deuce Coupe

Then He Kissed Me
(The Crystals cover) (Performed as "Then I Kissed… more )

Wake the World
(The Beach Boys song)

lAdd Some Music to Your Day
(The Beach Boys song)

Honkin' Down the Highway

In My Room
(The Beach Boys song)

Surfer Girl
(The Beach Boys song)

Don't Worry Baby
(The Beach Boys song) (Lead vocals by Matt Jardine)

One Kind of Love

Funky Pretty
(The Beach Boys song) (Lead vocals by Blondie Chaplin)

Wild Honey
(The Beach Boys song) (Lead vocals & guitar jam by Blondie Chaplin)

Sail On, Sailor
(The Beach Boys song) (Lead vocals by Blondie Chaplin)

Pet Sounds
Wouldn't It Be Nice
(The Beach Boys song) (Lead vocals by Matt Jardine)

You Still Believe in Me
(The Beach Boys song)

That's Not Me
(The Beach Boys song)

Don't Talk (Put Your Head on My Shoulder)
(The Beach Boys song)

I'm Waiting for the Day
(The Beach Boys song)

Let's Go Away for Awhile
(The Beach Boys song)

Sloop John B
([traditional] cover) (Lead vocals by Al Jardine)

God Only Knows
(The Beach Boys song)

I Know There's an Answer
(The Beach Boys song)

Here Today
(The Beach Boys song)

I Just Wasn't Made for These Times
(The Beach Boys song)

Pet Sounds
(The Beach Boys song)

Caroline, No

Good Vibrations
(The Beach Boys song)

Encore:
All Summer Long
(The Beach Boys song)
Help Me, Rhonda
Barbara Ann
(The Regents cover)
Surfin' U.S.A.
(The Beach Boys song)
Fun, Fun, Fun
(The Beach Boys song)
Love and Mercy

*** Der Link ist nur für Mitglieder sichtbar, zum Login. ***

Frohe Eier und bunte Ostern

Werner
hoddori
Surfer Girl

Beitragvon Manfred » 27. Mär 2016, 13:45

Habe God only knows gehört, nicht überzeugend. Brian sang schlecht.
Manfred
Party

Beitragvon hoddori » 27. Mär 2016, 20:07

Live Reviews, Reviews
BRIAN WILSON at The Civic Theatre on Saturday 26 March – live review
Cheese on ToastonMarch 27, 2016/Comments closed

160326_Brian Wilson_06To be honest I arrived at the wonderful Civic for the first show of Brian Wilson’s World Tour performing Pet Sounds in it’s entirety, celebrating it’s 50 years, with a heady mix of anticipation and trepidation. I was about to be in the presence of an absolute legend of popular music; a man whose musical visions and compositions have not only brought immense joy to generations but also an indelible influence on so much music that has succeeded it. But Wilson’s health problems and peculiarities are not exactly any great secrets. My excitement was met with near equal nervousness that a sub-standard performance could possibly topple the pedestal I had mounted this man upon.

All such nervousness evaporated quickly.

I was overwhelmed by the greatness of the man and his almost nonchalance in accepting that the music has created has become such an important part of the 20th century. The musicians assembled on stage were superb craftsmen themselves who were clearly not only honoured to be there as part of his band but also filled with love for what they were doing.

They filled the excited room with absolute ecstasy as ‘semi-conductor’ Paul Merton’s lead the ten-piece though a acapella of “Our Prayer” before “Heroes and Villains” – the first half of the show a compendium of Beach Boys hits including “I Get Around”, “Then I Kissed Her” and the remarkable “Don’t Worry Baby”. It was a joyous experience. A cynic and non-believer might remark upon Brian’s performance, seated behind a grand piano, his hands barely ever on the keyboard, draped by his sides instead. But it struck me that the reverence in and love for the man in the room saw beyond the idiosyncrasy in an infectious manner.

Original Beach Boy Al Jardine played an integral part of the show also; taking his place stood next to Wilson throughout the show; often taking the lead role as support to Brian. The aforementioned “Don’t Worry Baby” was most certainly a first half, if not whole show, highlight, with Al’s son Matt Jardine taking centre stage with his incredible falsetto voice. I wager that there wasn’t a hear in that room not entranced. It was truly something I’ll never forget.

Guitarist Blondie Chapman who was in the Beach Boys in the early seventies, and as were reminded at least twice, also toured as a player with The Rolling Stones, joined the act for to take the lead for the final three songs of the first half of the show. I have to say this was my least favourite aspect of the show. Chapman’s Jagger-lite swagger and posturing to the crowd jarred in this setting and felt out of place. He’d return on and off again, during the second half, usually brandishing a tambourine and making what I perceived a nuisance of himself. I am sure I am probably just projecting, but I swear Wilson shot him at least a couple of evil eye glances at times. I wonder if he will be asked to tone down his stage performance later in the tour.

The band returned for Pet Sounds and, as expected, it was sublime. I guess, though, it is difficult when performing an album in full, in sequence, for it to not become an exhibition piece; the audience knows what to expect next because we’ve heard the album so many times before. It’s impossible to provide surprises – and just imagine the uproar from purists if there was any detraction. Brian talked us through the album in an expected stilted manner which I personally found absolutely charming – example “Here’s a song with no voices, just instruments” when he introduced “Let’s Go Away For A While“. As the band finished playing Wilson abruptly upped and left the stage into what seemed to be kind arms side of stage. The crowd stood in ovation as the band closed the song and departed the stage.

It was difficult to tell if there would be an encore of not; we nervously applauded for more; it felt like we, as an audience, were attempting to balance a genuine appreciation for what had preceded with a genuine expression of desire for more – without wanting to send an erroneous message of dissatisfaction. But of course there was more; Mertens returned to the stage and one by one introduced the band who all received a rousing applause – teen Beach Boy hit after hit were delivered to an audience who now remained on our feet shuffling appreciatively to the likes of “Help Me, Rhonda”, “Barbara Ann” and “Surfin’ USA” before we returned for our seats for the beautiful close of “Love And Mercy”.

Attending this show was an honour I’ll never forget and I am sure I am very much not alone in this.

– review by Andrew Tidball
hoddori
Surfer Girl

Beitragvon hoddori » 8. Apr 2016, 01:27

The past week has been particularly good for live performances, at least those over five days of Bluesfest in Byron Bay. Yet my joy at that festival’s many great moments (Rhiannon Giddens, Blind Boy Paxton, D’Angelo, Tom Jones) has been overtaken this week by a great sadness.

It concerns one of Bluesfest’s star attractions, Brian Wilson. The former Beach Boy graced the main Mojo stage in Byron on Monday to perform the Beach Boys’ classic album Pet Sounds as well as other favourites. Wilson has struggled for many years with health issues going back to his most creative period in the 1960s, when drugs and psychological problems took their toll. He has never fully recovered.

Despite that he has enjoyed a remarkable renaissance in the past 15 years, touring the world accompanied by a band, the Wondermints, who lovingly and expertly bring the magic of those great Beach Boys recordings to life. I can remember leaving Sydney’s State Theatre in 2002, when they played Pet Sounds in Australia for the first time, completely euphoric. To see those songs performed by the genius who created them was one of those special rock ’n’ roll moments.

Fourteen years on, Wilson’s ability to perform, particularly to sing, has diminished, but, carried along by a festival crowd of 10,000 devotees and the musicians around him, including former Beach Boys Al Jardine and Blondie Chaplin, the Bluesfest set was a rewarding experience. Not so, sadly, Wilson’s show at Sydney Opera House the following evening.

In this relatively intimate and sonically unforgiving environment, Wilson struggled so badly through the material that from the opening Darlin’ through to the closing Help Me Rhonda, with Pet Sounds in the middle, one could only squirm with embarrassment. The love he inspires brought a standing ovation, but it could not have been for his performance. That he couldn’t remember Chaplin’s name only added to the discomfort.

It’s time for him to stop. Wilson is one of the greats, but his wonderful legacy will be done no service should he continue to perform. It was truly painful to see him grappling with a medium that is no longer his friend. And I say that as one of his keenest admirers.

spindoc@theaustralian.com.au
hoddori
Surfer Girl

Beitragvon Heinz » 8. Apr 2016, 08:35

Danke für diese Texte.

J A !
Viele Grüße aus Bad Krozingen
Heinz
Heinz
Little Deuce Coupe

Beitragvon Roland » 28. Apr 2016, 11:00

Im September ist Brian wieder in Europa (Brighton). Vielleicht kommt doch noch ein Termin in Deutschland dazu?
Roland
Party

Beitragvon Alex111 » 17. Aug 2016, 13:28

Alex111
Surfin USA

Beitragvon Manfred » 20. Aug 2016, 09:03

CSler Gerhard Weller wird am 06.09. in Reykjavik sein. Komplett mit meet und greet. Bin auf seinen Bericht gespannt.
Manfred
Party

VorherigeNächste