Aktuelle Zeit: 22. Sep 2017, 04:42

Brian & Al & David - Tournee 2013

Brian & Al & David - Tournee 2013

Beitragvon Martin » 11. Apr 2013, 22:34

Auf der Homepage von Brian sind vor einigen Tagen die ersten Tourneedaten für das Jahr 2013 veröffentlicht worden. Und wie angekündigt, sind auch Al und David dabei.
Bin schon gespannt, ob sie die Tournee dieses mal bis zum Ende durchziehen :)

Die Tourneedaten werden wohl noch erweitert werden. Ob Brian nochmal nach Europa kommt?

July 20, 2013
The Grand @ The Golden Nuggett
Atlantic City, NJ

July 21, 2013
Stage AE – Outdoor Stage
Pittsburgh, PA

July 23, 2013
Kresge Auditorum
Interlochen MI

July 25, 2013
Fraze Pavililion
Kettering OH

July 26, 2013
Ravinia Fesetival
Highland Park, IL

July 27, 2013
Weesner Family Ampithheatre
Apple Valley MN

October 20, 2013
Greek Theatre
Los Angeles CA
Make it real your Summer dream...
Martin
All Summer Long

Re: Brian & Al & David - Tournee 2013

Beitragvon Roland » 17. Apr 2013, 18:45

Verschiedentlich konnte man lesen, dass Brian auch noch Zeit und Kraft hat, um an einem neuen Solo-Album zu arbeiten. Es geht weiter!
Roland
Party

Beitragvon hoddori » 23. Jul 2013, 10:11

Die Setliste des Konzertes in Atlantic City;

California Girls
(The Beach Boys song)
Catch a Wave
(The Beach Boys song)
Dance, Dance, Dance
(The Beach Boys song)
Girl Don't Tell Me
(The Beach Boys song)
In My Room
(The Beach Boys song)
Surfer Girl
(The Beach Boys song)
Don't Worry Baby
(The Beach Boys song)
Then I Kissed Her
(The Crystals cover)
Please Let Me Wonder
(The Beach Boys song)
Old Man River/Cottonfields
Little Bird
Our Prayer
(The Beach Boys song)
Heroes and Villains
(The Beach Boys song)
Breakaway
(The Beach Boys song)
Marcella
(The Beach Boys song)
Do You Wanna Dance?
(Bobby Freeman cover)
I Get Around
(The Beach Boys song)

Set 2
Do It Again
(The Beach Boys song)
Summertime Blues
Your Imagination
Let Him Run Wild
Goin' Home
That's Why God Made The Radio
California Saga: California
(The Beach Boys song)
Sail On, Sailor
(The Beach Boys song)
Darlin'
(The Beach Boys song)
Pet Sounds
(The Beach Boys song)
Wouldn't It Be Nice
(The Beach Boys song)
Sloop John B
(The Beach Boys song)
God Only Knows
(The Beach Boys song)
Good Vibrations
(The Beach Boys song)

Encore:
All Summer Long
(The Beach Boys song)
Help Me Rhonda
Barbara Ann
(The Regents cover)
Surfin' USA
(The Beach Boys song)
Fun Fun Fun
(The Beach Boys song)

Encore 2:
Summer's Gone

Grüße aus Homburg

Werner
hoddori
Surfer Girl

Beitragvon hoddori » 23. Jul 2013, 10:15

Concert review: Brian Wilson concert at Stage AE is a return to innocence;

By Maggie Neil / Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

The minds behind some of the most iconic songs in American history performed at Stage AE Sunday night. It was surreal.

Three original members of The Beach Boys -- Brian Wilson, Al Jardine and David Marks -- accompanied by a slew of talented and energetic musicians, brought their audience back in time with such classics as "California Girls," "Surfin USA," "Help Me Rhonda" and "Sloop John B." They also delved into some newer, deeper (at least in tone) songs like "Imagination," from Brian Wilson's solo 1998 album of the same name, and picks from 2004's "Brian Wilson Presents Smile."

Between songs, Mr. Marks would often bring out old stories or give the cheering audience little trivia facts about an upcoming song. For example, that "Little Surfer Girl" was the first song Mr. Wilson ever wrote, when he was but a teenager.

Looking California cool with his blonde hair and white jeans, Al Jardine took center stage, flanked on his left by Mr. Marks and on his right by Mr. Wilson, who sat behind a white piano. A big blue beach ball bounced around, a help in moving on from the terrific downpour that subsided just in time for the show.

It was wonderful to relax into the apparent simplicity of 1960s punch lines like "Do you want to dance and hold my hand," or "And then I kissed her." Lyrics like that feel easy and innocent compared to 2013's radio hits. And it is always a nice reminder that good writing is simple writing.

The fans were on their feet singing and dancing during most, if not all, of the canonical songs and ballads.

Still, the show was worth more than a mere trip down memory lane.

For one, the vocals and instrumental compositions that, in part, make The Beach Boys, or at least Wilson, the geniuses they are were just as impressive Sunday night, live, as they are on my old "Pet Sounds" CD. The instrumental song that gave that CD its name was, in fact, one of the night's absolute highlights.

When the roughly dozen men came back on stage after intermission, the lineup leaned more heavily towards Mr. Wilson's later work. It provided a refreshing, if more serious phase to the night and a thoughtful reminder that like any musician, any human being, Mr. Wilson is still growing and still active in his work.

The presence of non-Beach Boy collaborators, like Darian Sahanaja, keyboard and vocalist, reinforced the sense of aliveness and relevance of music that is well established in the canon.

After a first encore that, much like a Fourth of July fireworks show, pumped out hit after hit, the band closed with "Summer's Gone." In some ways a melancholy ending to an otherwise upbeat show, it was also a good reminder that even if summer's our favorite, there are other seasons, too.
hoddori
Surfer Girl

Beitragvon hoddori » 23. Jul 2013, 20:35

ich hätte mir gewünscht,dass nicht wieder die alten Klamotten durchgenudelt werden.

Werner
hoddori
Surfer Girl

Beitragvon hoddori » 9. Aug 2013, 11:45

Ein Review das ich gefunden habe:

Concert Review: Brian Wilson (w/ Al Jardine & David Marks) at Interlochen, 7-23-2013

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Jose Jones, Jul 24, 2013.

The big night finally arrived last night at the Kresge Auditorium in the campus of Interlochen Center For The Arts, near Traverse City, Michigan. Girlfriend & I arrived quite early, I thought (to straighten out a ticket snafu at the box office ahead of time) but there was already a crowd gathering, decidedly older and grey-haired, mixed with the teenage student body of the Interlochen Arts & Music Camp, who were milling about in their cutesy uniforms of light blue shirts & socks with dark blue shorts.....

This was the first time I had ever been to this venue, which was built in 1948 on the shores of Green Lake for classical and jazz/pops performances. It holds nearly 4000 people under a pavilion roof. No lawn or hill seating. No alcohol either, being part of a school campus.

While waiting for opening act Wilson Phillips to take the stage, who but Brian Wilson himself ambled out across the stage, accompanied by some crew member, walking with somewhat of a limp, but still purposefully, for the sole reason of checking out one of the stage microphones. Not the one at the white grand piano, either. Hmm....

At 8:15 pm sharp, Wilson Phillips began their set, introduced by none other than Papa Brian himself. Opening with my favorite song of theirs, "Reckless", I was surprised that WP was self-contained, with their own 5-piece backing band. I had thought that Brian Wilson's group would be backing the girls, but nope. The ladies looked fine and sang well, despite Carnie Wilson complaining of a chest cold at one point. Chynna Philips told the crowd that she had actually been a student at Interlochen as a 14 year old......for a grand total of 5 days. Apparently the precocious California teen wasn't used to the strict rules at Interlochen (No Cigarettes Allowed!) and ran away after a few days to a gas station in town and frantically called Mama Michelle begging to come home....

Other songs played included "Dream Is Still Alive", "You're In Love", covers of the Eagles ("Already Gone"), and from their recent 'Dedicated' album, "California Dreamin'", "Dedicated To The One I Love", and their own hits, "Release Me", and closing with "Hold On". It was a strong set, although somewhat old-school in that they used microphones with cables, which the girls were clearly not used to, as they good-naturedly complained about the mic cords getting in the way.

After they finished, there was a cute moment when Chynna told the crowd that "The Beach Boys are next....", to which someone quickly corrected, "Brian Wilson!". But the point had been made...

And even though this was billed as "Brian Wilson and guests", there was no doubt that this was a Beach Boys show in all but name and the lack of Mike Love. Not one song from Wilson's solo career was performed.

The set list was as follows:
1) California Girls
2) Catch A Wave
3) Dance, Dance, Dance
4) Girl Don't Tell Me
5) Little Deuce Coupe
6) Surfer Girl (Brian introduced this as "the first song I ever wrote....."
7) Please Let Me Wonder (featured a nice, a-capella vocal tag)
8) Then I Kissed Her (lead vocal: Al Jardine)
9) Don't Worry Baby (lead vocal: Jeff Foskett)
10) In My Room (mainly sung by Wilson Phillips, who joined Brian around the piano)
11) Darlin' (lead vocal: Darian Sanaja)
12) Ol' Man River/Cottonfields (possibly my favorites of the entire night and of the older crowd)
13) Little Bird (lead vocal: David Marks) (a surprise choice and done well)
14) Our Prayer
15) Heroes & Villains (with the SMiLE arrangement/in the cantina section)
16) I Get Around
17) Summertime Blues (introduced by and sung by David Marks)
18) That's Why God Made The Radio
19) (On My Way To Sunny) California
20) Sail On Sailor (lead vocal: one of the keyboardists)
21) Marcella
22) Wouldn't It Be Nice (lead vocal: duet with Jeff Foskett & Al Jardine)
23) Sloop John B (lead vocal: Al Jardine, entire song)
24) God Only Knows
25) Good Vibrations
Encore:
26) All Summer Long
27) Help Me Rhonda
28) Barbara Ann
29) Surfin' USA

Al Jardine looked exactly like he did in that old footage of the Beach Boys touring Europe in the late 60s---all white suit, with a very sharp candy apple ORANGE Fender Jaguar. In fact, this was a tour-de-force of odd Fenders----David Marks had a candy apple red Jaguar, Wondermint Nick Walusko (introduced as 'Nick Wonder') had a white Jazzmaster, while Jeff Foskett must have brought along 5 different guitars to play, including a sunburst Gibson Dove acoustic. Most of the band from the SMiLE tour was there----The Wondermints Plus.

Which brings us to the man himself.

I had last seen Brian Wilson in Ann Arbor in 1999, at his 2nd ever solo show, and the man, then, was frankly nervous as could be. I had hoped that this many years later and a hundred more shows under his belt, that things would be better this time around....

And to some extent, Wilson did seem more relaxed, but he didn't seem any more engaged, or proficient. I couldn't see his hands from where we were sitting but I would be surprised if his piano was even miked up. He was looking down most of the time (at the teleprompter?) and the biggest sound issue/complaint of the concert was that most of the verses Wilson sang had the first word or two cut off---either from singing off-mic, or worse, from being a beat or two behind from reading the lyrics and then singing them. This happened time and again throughout the show.

Viel Spass beim lesen

Werner
hoddori
Surfer Girl

Beitragvon hoddori » 8. Sep 2013, 23:06

Blondie Chaplin is pleased to officially announce that he has been invited by Brian Wilson to guest on several dates on Brian's new tour including opening night in Florida, and dates in New York City, Montclair NJ, Las Vegas, LA & Oakland.

so geschrieben auf seine Facebook Seite
hoddori
Surfer Girl

Beitragvon hoddori » 10. Sep 2013, 10:06

Ex-Beach Boy Blondie Chaplin joins Brian Wilson-Jeff Beck shows

September 9, 2013, 5:00 a.m.

Brian Wilson’s impending tour with English guitar hero Jeff Beck already includes two other founding members of the Beach Boys -- Al Jardine and David Marks -- and now for at least five of the dates Wilson will be joined by another former Beach Boy, guitarist-singer Blondie Chaplin.

Chaplin, who joined the quintessential Southern California fun-in-the-sun band briefly in the early-1970s, will be part of Wilson’s performances in Hollywood, Fla., New York City, Las Vegas, Oakland and the hometown show Oct. 20 at Los Angeles' Greek Theatre.

“Blondie was one of my favorite singers in the ‘70s,” Wilson, 71, told Pop & Hiss through a spokesman. “He blew my mind with [his vocal on] ‘Sail on Sailor’ and he also sang on a song called ‘Funky Pretty,’ on the Beach Boys’ Holland album.

PHOTOS: Unexpected musical collaborations

“Until two weeks ago, I hadn’t seen him since 1974,” said Wilson, who reconnected with Chaplin to have him sing on Wilson’s next solo album, currently in the works. “It was great to see him again. He came into the studio and sang on one of my new tracks called ‘He Come Down’ -- he sang it great! It will be fun to have him at a few of our concerts.”

Chaplin and drummer Ricky Fataar, both South Africans who had played in the group the Flame, which was the only act other than the Beach Boys ever signed to the group’s Brother Records label, appeared on the “Holland” album in 1973 as well as its immediate predecessor, 1972’s “Carl & the Passions/So Tough.” Both were official members of the lineup at that time and also performed on the show captured on the 1973 live album “The Beach Boys in Concert.”

“It’s a pleasure to sing on ‘Sail on Sailor’ once again with Brian,” Chaplin, 62, said.

Wilson is splitting the bill on this tour with Beck, who also has been contributing to the Beach Boys creative leader’s solo album. Each artist gives separate performances, but also join one another during their respective sets, and then combine forces for additional segments during the evening. The tour opens Sept. 27 in Hollywood, Fla.

RELATED: The 10 Commandments of smartphone use during concerts

The upcoming tour follows last year's 50th anniversary Beach Boys reunion tour featuring original members Wilson, Jardine, Marks and Mike Love and longtime member Bruce Johnston. In an acrimonious end to that outing, Love announced he would resume touring with his pre-anniversary Beach Boys lineup minus Wilson, Jardine and Marks.

Many media outlets framed the announcement as Love's firing of Wilson, but both men said that was not the case. Wilson, however, said he was disappointed in not being able to continue recording and touring this year with his former band mates.

Wilson’s new solo album is expected to be released next year.
hoddori
Surfer Girl

Beitragvon Manfred » 17. Sep 2013, 15:45

‘He Come Down’ wird doch nicht etwa wieder die alte Carl & the passions Nummer sein ?
Die mochte ich - ehrlich gesagt - nie ! Gospel ist nicht mein Ding.
Manfred
Party

Beitragvon Roland » 27. Sep 2013, 17:10

Das erste Video von der Brian/Jeff Beck-Tour ist da.
*** Der Link ist nur für Mitglieder sichtbar, zum Login. ***
Roland
Party

Nächste